Chocolates are one of the yummiest treats that almost everyone can enjoy. We buy tons of them each year, whether it be a treat for yourself or a gift for any occasion. If money is not an issue for you, then why not consider buying that special person in your life one of the following most expensive chocolates in the world:Source: http://www.infobarrel.com/Top_10_Most_Expensive_Chocolates_in_the_World
10. Vosges Haut Chocolat$69 a pound - This type of chocolate uses several signature flavor that include milk chocolate with Sweet Indian Curry and coconut.
9. Richard Donnelly
$75 a pound -Richard Donnelly started making his chocolate in 1988. His chocolates are hand made. He creates new chocolates each year based on the best selling chocolate bars in the U.S.
8. Chuao$79 a pound - This type of chocolate is named after region of Chuao located in Venezuela. They use only fresh ingredients and also do not use preservatives in their chocolates.
7. Debauve & Gallais$94 a pound -Debauve & Gallais typically make chocolates that are low in sugar and use quality cocoa. There are no dyes, preservatives or any other additives used in these types of chocolate.
6. Pierre Marcolini$102.50 a pound - This type of cholate also uses the finest cacao beans. Ingredients vary based on the type of truffle they are making.
5.Richart$120 a pound -Richart chocolate uses 70% Criollo cocoa from Venezuela, which is considered the best cocoa in the world.
4. Godiva "G" Collection$120 a pound - The "G" Collection of chocolates was just recently introduced to Godiva. Each chocolate is made with premium cocoa beans and many other types of ingredients depending on the type of chocolate.
3. Delafee$508 a pound - This type of chocolate is made with fine cocoa beans and flakes of edible 24-karat gold.
2. Noka Vintages Collection$854 a pound - This chocolate is made up of the finest dark chocolates found in Venezuela, Ecuador, Trinidad and Cote d'Ivoire. Noka does not use vanilla or soy lecithin in their chocolates.
and the most expensive chocolate in the world is........
1. Chocopologie by Knipschildt
$2,600 a pound - Knipschildt was created in 1999 by
Fritz Knipschildt. The most expensive chocolate that he sells is a $250 dark chocolate truffle which you can only pre-order.